Friday, May 2, 2014

Anchor Charts

I love Pinterest, and a lot of the people I'm following are teachers.  As a result, a lot of anchor charts show up in my feed.  Most of those anchor charts, though, are for subjects like math and reading.  Really important stuff, but hanging a poster of the revision process in my orchestra room doesn't make a lot of sense.

This wonderful idea of posters that help kids out with the material, a personal insistence that my students WILL learn to read their notes, and my excitement about my new classroom next year really got my brain buzzing.  It didn't take too long for Google to reveal that there wasn't much on the web for Alto clef.  Big surprise, huh?  Not wanting my army of viola players to feel out of the loop (and I'm proud to say I have TONS of violas!), I set out to make my own.  A lot of it is ripped off from other stuff I've seen, but that's what good teaching is, right?  Stealing good ideas?

In the spirit of orchestra teacher camaraderie, I thought I'd share with you.  Please forgive the so-so quality.  If you'd rather have the word file so you can tweak it to make it your own, please leave your e-mail address in the comments.  Admittedly, I would be skeeved out by that, but I've already done all the work, so if you don't mind it, more power to you!

Self-explanatory, I guess.  This is the process we always use when learning a new piece of music.

This I stole from a "Recorder Doctors" poster.  Encourage the kids to solve their own problems with sound!
Like the "Orchestra Doctors" poster, but I like this one better.  Here's a related, really bad joke:
What do you call an alligator in a vest?
An INVESTIGATOR!
A chart with expectations for unpacking time...
...and one with expectations for packing time.
And, finally, posters with the lines and spaces for treble, alto, and bass clef... and no forgotten violas!





I hope you find this stuff useful.  Heck, I hope I find this stuff useful.  Here's to better note readers!  And in case I don't have a chance to post again in the next few weeks, I hope your year wraps up excellently and that you have a great summer!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! Great job, especially on the line and space posters! I would love if you shared those with me :) louanne80@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete