Friday, January 10, 2014

Remember Frooties?

They used to have them at the bank when I was a kid.  My family also used to go to a Labor Day parade and the people on the floats used to throw them.  I loved filling my bag with all the different flavors--and they come in TONS of flavors.

I recently discovered that a local drug store sells them!  The bags they come in are enormous and they are cheap!  So I decided to have a "book check."  On a randomly selected day, any kid who had all their materials earned a Frootie.  I couldn't believe what a big difference it made!  Suddenly, I had kids saying, "I have my instrument and book today--is it a book check?"  "When are we having another book check?"  Lost books magically appeared, and kids who couldn't find theirs started coming up with money for replacements.

A teacher I work with said to me last week, "It's amazing what kids will do for ONE Tootsie Roll."  True story!

No comments:

Post a Comment